Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Another Weekend...

We were lucky to have some nice June weekends. Another trip I took on my touring bike. I was lucky to scor a pair of lightly-used Schawlbe tire for a song. These proved to invaluable on my trips near and far. And I have access to a bike stand, so I regularly clean and tune this bike.

Here is a video of my next weekend trip up Mt. Baker Highway. It was wonderful trip and probably the lightest traffic and generally the most pleasant riding I've done all summer. Climbing and climbing and climbing up a forest road just past Glacier after forty or fifty miles of biking turned into a n effort in futility as I climbed three thousand feet and probably descended back down fifteen hundred to find a sloped campsite for the night.

Waking up freezing the next morning allowed a descent into Glacier (before the Wake-n-Bakery even opened) and then on to the Harvest Moon in Maple Falls. A great trip.

No comments: