Friday, August 13, 2010

Stringband

So I sit here writing and will be very brief, since I need to get back out to the log show grounds where I should have camped last night. Driving out Mount Baker Highway, the worries and rigors of the city soon fell away. It was the orientation and set-up for the jamboree was Thursday, followed by a great meal and a concert. Unfortunately, I was unable to see the concert as I needed to get home and pack - something I woefully neglected until the last minute.

So this afternoon the official Subdued Stringband Jamboree kicks of and a beautiful weekend is planned - both weather-wise and musically. And having never been to the Deming Log Show grounds before, I impressed at how clean of a venue it will be to hold a festival After attending many Grateful Dead concerts in my day, the days of concerts and festivals with 50,000 people is a little much. A thousand or two is more my speed.

No comments: