Saturday, January 10, 2009

Saturday

Here is a picture taken from the Bellingham Herald. Evidently it's still pretty bad in many areas in Whatcom, Skagit and Snohomish Counties, and probably beyond. This picture is north of Bellingham five miles or so on the flooded Nooksack River.

Today was a day of doing little of substance, although I did go check on a friend's house who is overseas. I look at my time in the day and I always think I am busy, although I really am never that busy per se, but I do have all my time allocated for certain things and most of these are pretty relaxing. So I really never seem to have much free time to do nothing, of which I would like to have more. But there's so much to do in this town that I really am glad I am never bored, yet more time starved. I think this level of awareness has come from the book that I am reading called "The Importance of Being Lazy."

I think in another year or two I may aspire to becoming lazy, but right now there are many things that need to be done on the work front. I enjoy the high and invigoration of working with emerging companies, but through my career I have been able to turn on and off my ability to be a slacker. Maybe I am a closet slacker. I hope I never lose the ability to relax. Who am I kidding - I always have time to watch another wonderful sunset or take a half hour of my day to engage in conversation with someone I meet on the street that I haven't seen for awhile.

No comments: