Thursday, July 24, 2008

Down

I spent a good chunk of the day sitting behind a computer and shuffling papers. I guess it was a down day, as I wanted to get outside, but instead was chained to a desk. But come to think of it, we did take Magilla to the dog park in the evening. And if a dog's happiness in measured by the extent of its tail wagging, then Maggie is a happy camper.

The picture to the right is of our camping trip a few weeks back along the stream where we camped. It's amazing how (when you're on the trail) you swear you'll never don this heinously uncomfortable backpack ever again in your life, but once you are back home you are quickly consumed by planning and daydreaming of your next trip.

But this might be a mellow weekend at home. Or maybe I will take my roadbike out for the first time this summer for a ride. That, or another twenty outside activities to consume my time. I am glad that a good chunk of the summer remains. It is funny how some nights you sit down for the first time to put your feet up relax, and it's after ten p.m. The winter evenings where night begins to fall at three thirty are incomprehensible.

No comments: