Monday, December 29, 2008

Banks

It's good to be back in Bellingham amidst the clouds, cold and drizzle. One thing I found quite odd about Arcata was the lack of people doing things outside. There were virtually no cyclists (or kayakers, hikers, surfers, etc.) even though they have a great cycling infrastructure, and the ocean and mountains are right there. But there are always an overabundance of people out and about here in Bellingham - whether on foot or on bike - and I am always glad to return to my single-speed bike and bing out in the weather. Cycling does wonders for both my body and soul.

I did enjoy the warm weather in Humboldt County and it's always to good to get out of town for a few days, especially having temporarily severed my ties to all things technological, although I do return to town realizing there is much work to be done for the next few months in my work life.

And I am glad to see our government is helping out so effectively with their solution to the credit crisis. Whatever they are doing seems to be working wonders, as my Wells Fargo business card was recently reduced from a credit line of $13,000 down to $3,500. Fortunately, this was the final straw in closing this account and my business checking account with Wells Fargo. I never carried a balance on that account anyway. I could only imagine if I did not have excellent credit. Yeah, I thikn the small businessman is screwed. I've said it many times before, but we haven't seen the worst of the credit crisis. At lest the banking industry will continue to profit handsomely from our taxpayer subsidization of it.

No comments: