Thursday, April 8, 2010

Life

A friend of mine that I know passed away this week. It's always unfortunate when someone you've known for thirty years is no longer a phone call away. Oddly enough, I thought of him right about the time of his passing, and wanted to give him a call to see how he was doing. The fact that he lived 3,000 miles to the east required more of an effort to stay in touch.

But he died at 86 years of age after a full and robust life. By using him as a benchmark, I still have the second half of my life to live. I think too as I get older, I become more nostalgic, as time moves faster and faster in a world that never seems to slow down. My connection to the older generation was always my conduit to a more simple life.

But time marches on, and the warm sun shines through my window. Should be a nice weekend.

No comments: