Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sad

"You know, I work on my hair a long time and you hit it. He hits my hair.
-John Travolta

I have never seen Saturday Night Fever in my live, even though it defined my years in middle school. I think everyone owned this album too. So I rented it the other day and am watching it a second time in three days as I sit here typing away.

Today was a day I longed to be working in one of the many warm cafes in Bellingham drinking an Americano and jockeying e-mails and spreadsheets. Instead, I spent the day in the driving heavy rain and wind working a job in Everett. Oddly enough, when I am shaking a cold, I find it much more refreshing to be outside in the chill versus the warmth. Oh, who am I kidding.

But today I dropped off the rental car four blocks from my house and realized it was probably the last times I'll rent a car. You see, I might be getting a little pick-up and will lose my freedom of not having to deal woth owing a car. It was so refreshing to drop off the keys at the rental place and be done with the responsibility of a car. But Enterprise would probably frown upon my using their Prius to carry around oily dripping pumps and hoses. Hopefully I won't get too far away from the warm bikers around Bellingham by becoming car dependent.

The picture is from today's Herald and is of some random people in Bellingham walking to school.

No comments: