Thursday, June 10, 2010

Baker

Here is a picture from a hike a few weeks back. It was a pretty easy hike - up an old logging road that has since become a thoroughfare for hikers getting closer to the beauty. But the mountain still a long ways off, since this picture was taken with the telephoto. Living in the city (albeit a small city), one forgets about the beauty, smell and energy given off by the majestic conifers.

It was when we came upon Wells Creek Falls that I understood the appropriately named Cascades. (Actually the revelation occurred a few weeks earlier, but my embellishment sounded more romantic.)

I am glad to be able to write here and remove myself temporarily from the rigors of starting multiple companies at one time. But it is better to be busy than not. I am a grateful individual: moist, lush, vivacious Bellingham in the springtime.

But back to the salt mines at the coffee shop on Railroad. Arrgh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jeff:

I am contemplating a move to Bellingham (I want to live on the fringe of society, literally)and what I have investigated so far is not dissuading me. Would you be amenable to providing information for me? In return, I will send you baked goods. I make a mean chocolate chip oatmeal cookie.

Of course, I would prefer a more private venue as in email and not on your blog, which I intend to read in its entirety.

If you don't wish to, no problem. I understand time constraints in this day and age. Thank you for your time. Judy
judstrom@hotmail.com