Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Hens

Well the chickens have grown quite a bit since I last posted pictures. They all seem to be acclimating well, although there is definitely a pecking order. The older (and larger) hen is definitely the matron of the ladies. I sometimes fell as though the younger ones are being kept from their food ans sustenance, but they all seem to be in good health.

But I find them to be beautiful animals and much more intelligent than they are given credit for. They live a pretty good life, and I draw the line at eating these wonderful little birds, although I will gladly enjoy their daily offerings of eggs. The Rhode Island Reds are still laying an egg (almost) every day, while the younger ones are still in their pre-pubescent phase.

Soon enough I will need to further ramp up my egg consumption. Wonderful chickens.

No comments: