Sunday, February 8, 2009

SFO

Today is a day to make my way to the airport to return home to Bellingham. But yesterday's ride around San Francisco was a great time. Basically, this city (I've been told) is seven by seven miles. And having a bicycle to get around town is a wonderful to experience it on a warm and sunny California winter day.

I rented a bike from across the street from the hotel where I am staying in Cow Hollow and went to visit a friend in the Mission. The Mission is a neat neighborhood with funky shops and weathered appearance, but it was generally clean and full of activity.

From there we biked up to Golden Gate Park and then down to Ocean Beach (see picture) and then back to Dolores Park to end the day. It was a full day of cycling coupled with adequate relaxation. I was lucky to have a friend show me around too that was was in the midst of an apartment move.

Time now to get some coffee and then catch the Muni/BART to SFO.

No comments: