Saturday, August 7, 2010

Eggs

It looks like we finally have full production on the eggs. I believe the Silver-Laced Wyandotte finally started laying, so on a good day, we're getting four eggs. The two RI Reds (bottom eggs) won't lay every day as they are in their second year. With every year their egg production diminishes. I still find it pretty amazing that these little animals can produce eggs the way they do.

I might add two more next year, and maintain a flock of six. My egg consumption is gradually ramping up too, and it's always nice to giive a dozen away here or there. Oh, and the white one is from the California White.

Not much more to say here on a drizzly Saturday morning. I am dog sitting Magilla (and old house-mate's dog) today so we are spending some quality time together. She went out to the Wild Buffalo with us last night, although we just hung out outside and let a hundred people pet her.

No comments: