Monday, August 23, 2010

Monday

Sometimes it takes a picture like this to remind you of the beauty of the 165 islands that lie just off the shore of Bellingham. And in a few weeks I will be sailing amongst them. This picture was taken a while back, and is about ten blocks from my house.

A wonderful Monday following a fun, balanced weekend of work and pleasure, with probably more of the former. I sit here from an office wishing I could be out in the sun a bit more, as the weekend was sort of cloudy and chilly and today returned to summer mode.

I should be bitching about the state of the economy, or the oil in the gulf, or the poor people in Pakistan, but today I might just bask in the warmth of the sun and blue skies and sea and mountains and realize that I am a lucky person. For now, at least, I breathe a sigh of relief.

But back to work, as meetings will probably run well into the evening tonight. But what could be finer than this life? (Well other than the fact that I my earnings are roughly what I was making in 1996, but I won't go there on this fine day.)

Well the danger on the rocks is surely past
Still I remain tied to the mast
Could it be that I have found my home at last
Home at last

No comments: