Monday, July 28, 2008

Emerald

Today was a day trip down to Everett and the Seattle - the Emerald City - for meetings. We met someone over in Queen Anne, a neighborhood I hadn't been to in a few years. Having to maneuver the Prius through this congestion was less than pleasurable; Seattle is such a beautiful city, even though everyone is in such a hurry and few people smile. But at least they all drive nice cars. I quickly got rid of the car share when I returned home to the 'ham. The rest of the week will continue to be quite busy, so I will find recluse in a cafe somewhere in town.

Maybe I will get my road bike out, or take the BMW R60/6 for a ride. But I'd actually prefer cycling to the motorbike. I think it is just the smell of gas and exhaust that I find unappealing. But it is quite exhilarating to ride through the country or along the bay.

I am a bit tired tonight from the 200 miles or so on I-5. Driving sucks, and I feel sorry those that are enslaved by their vehicles. And $4.31 a gallon? Are you friggin nuts? Yes, I think I am tired.

No comments: