Thursday, July 3, 2008

Sunset

So you will be blessed with some fine pictures this summer of Bellingham sunsets. My housemate is much more zealous than I with her photographic pursuits (versus my point-and-click antiquated HP) so already my hard drive is full of neat pictures of Boulevard Park. And we were lucky to see this clearing this evening, as it rained quite steady and hard, and was very chilly (mid sixties) much of the day today. But the ground definitely could have used the precipitation, so it was not unwelcome.

Tonight the sound of fireworks fills the evening air, and poor Magilla is a little freaked out. I think about my poor ex-dog that used to spend this holiday hiding and shaking (he was an abused pound puppy). I guess people find enjoyment in blowing things up. I dunno.
And by the time we got home from the sunset, it was already after ten. It is weird being so far north and at the western edge of the time zone where the days last forever. And this is in contrast to some of the rainy days of winter where dusk arrives at three thirty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool photo~ thanks for a great bog and neat photos....well done!