Monday, July 14, 2008

Trooper

I am totally amazed how good of a dog Maggie is. She was never on a boat before, but performed flawlessly and quickly grew accustomed to the wide, spacious deck on the boat. I think I really like Magilla after all, in spite of the hairy warts on her face. Of course, she liked lazing on the deck sunning, and she was able to go ashore a few times too. What a trooper she is.

I was glad we were able to stay at an island for two days, as moving can sometimes (or mostly) be a real chore. We had good holding at Sucia, so I was entirely content staying put.

But back to the grind. Up at seven this morning, and still going at it sixteen hours later with a break here and there. A few more hours to get an RFP completed and then some sleep. This looks like a two bootleg day. A great 1970 show from the Fillmore West, but tonight I shifted to another excellent recording of a 1982 show from Montego Bay, Jamaica. Sweet.

Well, I ain't always right but Ive never been wrong.
Seldom turns out the way it does in a song.
Once in a while you get shown the light
In the strangest of places if you look at it right.

- R. Hunter

Gotta run. Gotta feed the machine.

No comments: