Monday, July 7, 2008

S/V Seafire

We were very lucky to score a passage on a boat this weekend to go to one of the 178 San Juan Islands that lie just off the coast. This vessel (S/V Seafire) is a 42' trimaran that the current owner hand built with his family while in high school. Since then he sailed this ship to the Sea of Cortez and to Tahiti with his wife and two kids and they lived aboard for five years.

Our passage will be a bit more limited, as we will sail to Sucia Island and from there I do not know. I have spent many thousands of miles as skipper of my little Catalina 25 on Lake Erie, so I will gladly relax as crew and do as little as possible over the course of the three days. I am sure that I will tell my share of nautical yarns.

This picture was actually taken a few months ago during a s freezing day. Today was much more beautiful with far fewer clouds and much warmer. We took Magilla on board to see how she would fare on board a sailboat, as she'd never been on a boat before (other than a ferry). I was very surprised. I think she will do well. Pictures and reports are sure to follow.

No comments: