Thursday, June 11, 2009

Orcas

Today an unnerving day dealing with the congestion of Seattle. At least I am getting more used to the hustle and bustle. I'm not saying that I like, it, I'm just getting more used to it. At any rate, today I did something I never did before, and that's wear a hardhat. A company that I am working with cleans out storm drains and filters and today we were down on the docks in the industrial part of Seattle near Marginal Way. The mistake of learning that there is an East and West Marginal Way with the Duwamish in the middle cost me ten minutes.

Then off to another place to inspect more storm drains. It isn't the most glamorous job, but at least it's more stable than many of my past forays. And it's fun to start your own business from the ground up. And of course there are my other endeavors that consume much of my other time and otherwise idle thinking, such as a conference call on the way up I-5 for a medical device I'm building out on the Other Coast.

Tomorrow is off to Orcas Island on my old BMW R60/6 motorbike. I hope to leave around noon and stop meet with a colleague in Anacortes, then on to the 3:30pm ferry. Motorcycles get to go to the front of the line - right behind pedestrians and cyclists. I think this picture is the marina on the south side of the island where my friend's boat is moored. A sail might be in the works, even though the wind will probably be crummy.

No comments: