Sunday, July 5, 2009

Independence

A nice reprieve yesterday from the rigors of my everyday life. I took a bike ride down SR9 through Sedro-Woolly with a few bucks in my pocket and my left my cell phone home. Although only gone for a few hours, I realize why it's nice to bike ride the many miles from home and cleanse my body and soul.

And this morning waking up only moderately sore, I wonder if I can ride sixty or more miles day after day after day on my planned trek across the good ole US of A in a few years. I look forward to more trips like this in the future, and hopefully I can soon start building my equipment by fitting a ike for a cross country trip.

But a long trip during the day made for an early evening catching up on sleep with a scared, shaking dog hiding in the back room. Thankfully fireworks are only legal in Bellingham one or two days a year. And I was going to go off on a rant about the media reports I've read of the child slave labor used in China to produce fireworks, but then I figured that this Lenovo laptop that I writing on right now too is probably produced by oppressed workers in horrid Chinese factories. But I won't.

The picture came from here. I will start taking more soon to post.

No comments: