Sunday, July 26, 2009

Herbs

Here is a picture of the front yard when the cardboard was used to take out the grass. Sine then, I've dumped yards and yards of wood chips on the front yard to build soil and nutrients. Next year maybe I'll put some blueberries in. That's a decision to be made later.

But for a mall yard in its second years, things are starting to come together. Tonight's dinner was tempeh and rice with fresh oregano, basil, green beans and munching on blueberries while I was gardening. I can finally envision what the yard will evolve into.

Fortunately my neighbors have been accommodating through this effort and many passers-by have offered compliments of this transformation. A quite productive afternoon of getting caught up on the yard work, which is finally coming together.

No comments: