Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Mooring

The white mooring ball is where we spent the first night near the ferry landing on the southern side or Orcas Island. I took this picture from the ferry upon our departure on Sunday afternoon. Deprived of sleep, still, with the hopes of sleep somewhere down the line. We are sort of north and sort of west and so the nights fall later than normal while the sun rises earlier. So that translates into less sleep.

So a daily regimen has become getting up around six to let the chickens out, and never really getting back to sleep. And days like today where I finally sit down to rest at 10:30 at night. And a day spent today renting a car to drive to Seattle and back. Summer rates are higher at the car rental places, but renting once a week is still far cheaper than owning a car. And I certainly don't miss the headaches of insurance, repairs, et cetera. It's so nice to hand the keys back.

But on the other hand, I sit here dreaming of a trip up to the North Cascades on SR20 on my old BMW R60/6 motorbike in a few weekends. Is that much different than the nice little car that I disdain? But I have done my share of cross country trips and will probably do a few more. But riding on a motorcycle is very refreshing and I feel I am babbling so I am signing off...

No comments: