Monday, December 28, 2009

Fear

Maybe I'm getting a bit too soft and liberal up here in the land of moisture, but isn't it odd that this latest terror effort occurred (and just when I thought flying couldn't get any less pleasurable, as I am planning to go to the other corner in few weeks) on the eve on Mr. Obama asking Congress for another quarter trillion to fund the increasingly futile effort in Afghanistan? (Sorry...I heard this on the radio recently and can't even find a link.) Or the additional quarter trillion that the Treasury offered the FNMA and FHLMC to further "nationalize" them while their top managers are compensated millions while their "companies" fail? Another false flag? Another distraction? Be afraid America. And stay tuned to CNN and FOX.

I (really) could go on, but I won't. The truth is out there and all it requires is turning off the television and seeking news elsewehre. For the amount of information literally at our fingertips, we are a very ignorant and homogenized society.

It was a great day of shuffling papers, listeing to WWOZ and a pleasant drive again to Anacortes. The more I go to Anacortes, the more I like it. A wonderful little seaside town that still retains a lot of its charm. And before I moved here, it was the closest I'd ever been to Bellingham, as we (married at the time) decided on moving to Bellingham in 2005 before ever visiting. But that's another story for another time.

No comments: