Saturday, February 16, 2008

Air

So today I had a group of people over from a group that I volunteer with - probably a group that is most closely aligned with my worldview and is active with local events. I am helping with a few events, including a permaculture workshop scheduled for next month. We were lucky to have this small workshop held in my home by one of the best area leaders in sustainability and mediation. The three-hour workshop was on non-violent communication, and it was a tremendous way to spend the afternoon.

The I ran some errands and was lucky enough to be able to take the R60/6 out for a spin. Nothing exciting - just down to do some work at a friend's business. But it was nice to have the air rushing by and the feel of the highway. I think the motorbike is running well and dpeending upon my mood, I might take it on an 100 mile ride tomorrow with friends.

Tonight, it is off to see some bands. It is my night out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tiffany said...

Sorry, I didn't get out Saturday night. I was feeling pretty low and wanted to nurture my cold. turned out it got worse each day. went for a 3.5 mile walk with adam on sunday in the sun. Monday was the worse day of the cold, tue now and feeling better. Hope wed even better as I have a job interview!!!!! with sust. connections. yeah! wish me luck!

Anonymous said...

Jeff, Rich here, didn't know you rode an R60. I'm more familiar with BMW cars, but hope to get my hands on a two wheeled Bimmer someday. The R60 looks like a sweet ride. I bet it's a blast to ride if they're anything like the cars. Have a friend that just rode a BMW bike up to Alaska and back. The trip was inspired by "The Long Way Round". I assume you've seen that? Good flick, almost as good as The Motorcycle Diaries.