Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sun

Today the yard work quickly was discarded for a ride on the BMW motorbike. This is a crummy picture, but that is Lake Whatcom in the background, the place where we get out drinking water. Next to Lake Tahoe, this is the best drinking water I've ever tasted. I could go off on the overdevelopment along its shores causing a steady degradation in its my water quality. But I won't. It was a good day.

But the R60/6 performed well although it will needs a few minor tweaks. I need to find a mechanic also that can work on it. I think there is one a few blocks away. I went on a forty or fifty mile ride today and was amazed at the whole new world that opened in fron of me. Riding a motorcycle and stopping off for a cup of coffee twenty miles south of Bellingham turns into a instantaneous camaraderie with three younger Ducati riders. And the fact that motorcycle riders all wave to one another. Another entire dimension opened up in my world that I never knew existed.

And coming the SR9 past Acme, Washington - the large patches of the smooth white snow-covered clearcuts contrasting with the blanket of black pine trees reminded me of the markings on an Orca. And Mount Baker majestic and pristine in the distance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sense are heightened on a motorcycle. The views, changes in air temperature, and the smells of the road are a much bigger part of the journey.