Thursday, February 14, 2008

Spring

Here's a picture on the bike path looking south towards downtown about a half block from my home. The high school sports field is on the right. Today was a full day of this thing called work. Blech.

But best to stay busy, as this weekend is supposed to be nice. I am getting more psyched to take the R60/6 motorbike out, as I stopped by today to talk to the old owner. He drove it from Tennessee to Washington a few years back and told me about the cool rides through Idaho along the rivers and canyons.

The forecast for Sunday: Sunny. Highs in the mid 50s. That is a day not to be missed. And the bulbs are pushing through. I was told that early February usually is the beginning of spring here. It seems to be true, as I was told this was a pretty average winter. I am ready for warmer winters. I was told by quite a few people that the successive winters get no easier here. Although I didn't get sick there year (unlike virtually everyone else I know) this is the second year I seem to have had a low-level lingering chest cold. The moist coldness permeates one to the bone.

No comments: