Sunday, February 24, 2008

Dub

So the roommate turned me on to a really cool reggae remake of a Pink Floyd album called Dub Side of the Moon, and I've been listening to it over and over during the past day. Cool reggae music seems to propagate when the sun shines here and good vibes are in the air. And a book I am reading by Annie Proulx - what an incredible author; the Flannery O'Conner of the north - has a character in it named Dub. But I only read a chunk of the day, as I needed to do work in the afternoon and into the evening.

Today the clouds returned. But at least no rain and the ground is getting less mushy - its perpetual state all winter. The picture is of Maggie yesterday doing what she does best. And I do not know if I mentioned, but we decided not to repair the 16' chunk of fence between the two yards that we took down during one of the wind storms. It's actually pretty nice to talk to your neighbors.

Oh, and a friend is getting a comic book published soon (now?) that is going to b a national release: Bartholomew of the Scissors. A pretty big deal. There are some interesting people in this town, and I am lucky to know many of them.

Back to the reggae music...and finishing the book.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, to be a dog....

Anonymous said...

hmmmmm....reggae version of Dark Side of the Moon... isn't that what us old oldies call sacrilege?

Is nothing sacred anymore..let me die in peace....