Sunday, February 10, 2008

Wet

“Winter grey and falling rain,
We'll see summer come again,
Darkness falls and seasons change
(Gonna happen every time).
Same old friends the wind and rain,
Summers fade and roses die,
You'll see summer come again,
Like a song that's born to soar the sky.”
- John Perry Barlow,
Weather Report Suite (Part I)

So today it really rained and I was a virtual shut in. The sun came out for around ninety seconds around noon and then it totally cleared up right around four or five. So I went to work climbing under the house trying to put a support in. You see, the prior owners did some plumbing work and...well you know the story. There is a section underneath that needs to be raised about an inch and a support added. Fortunately a friend should be able to help me out on this project that is pretty much beyond my ability. Or I can pay someone to do it, but bartering is better.

Then to the coffee shop and back home to watch a movie tonight. I have a DVD player that I picked up for cheap, so I will begin to frequent Film Is Truth again. A more mellow week lies ahead, and I am insured on the R60/6 motorbike, so the road beckons. But I will wait until the temp tops fifty and Bellingham dries out. Someday soon.

No comments: