Monday, February 11, 2008

Dry

As the western side of the sate is the wet side, the eastern side is the dry side. This is a picture taken from a friend's site that I met in the bike-to-work group. I actually found and read his site before I even moved to Bellingham. But the east side is dry, rolling, colder and hotter. And a place that I am sure you will see pictures of when I take the BMW east in the spring.

But today was a warmer day and like any other places I've lived, when the weather gets nicer - east coast or west - people drive like idiots. Both myself and roommate had an incident commuting to or from work today. She had a run-in with a cell-phone wielding soccer mom; mine was with an angry fat kid in a late-80's Honda Prelude.

So being on a bicycle or motorbike, you always need to act as though you're invisible to these drivers, as they're probably doing at one or two other things unrelated to driving (and from the studies I've read, as dangerous as drunk drivers). We know the ones, but I digress. Generally a good, rainy day.

No comments: