Monday, January 25, 2010

Chickens and a Dog

For lack of anything more exciting in my day, the animals in my world seem to always be carefree and full of zeal. I would hope that I could learn from their simple ways, but always seem to get caught up in my hectic little world.

To think of all the pain and suffering that is going on in this world and here I am nestled in my little corner of the country protected from the ugliness of the world beyond. And the warmth and friendliness of the people in this town in unlike anything I 've ever seen. Acknowledging you with a nod of their head and a smile can make all the difference in the world when may day is otherwise stuck in front of a computer.

And yet Magilla (the dog) sleeps all day and the chickens peck and scratch out in the yard - probably not having a stress heasdache like I did for much of the day. And yet I work away to provide for them. I wonder who is really smarter? The picture above is from their hen house in the back yard. What beautiful birds. And snoring Maggie lying next to me twitching her leg in her dream state isn't so bad either.

For being a person of minimal needs, I have everything. And I can learn a lot from these anima;s that we label a simple and less intelligent. Who's really the smarter?

No comments: