Saturday, January 30, 2010

Saturday

I guess this is a busy season for people like me. Although I do not do taxes, per se, many business associations ask or require me (being the person with decades of accounting and finance experience) to be the tax person. So over the years I've become quite knowledgeable in filing corporate and partnership returns. So a few more weeks of being busy.

But the 2010 Olympics are thirteen days away, and I hope that people pass by Bellingham in their rush to get to Vancouver. Not that I mind tourists, it's just that the winters are so chiill and mellow here, to have the harrying tourists everywhere is quite contrary to the calm mood of this city in its season of lethargy. There is a time and place for them, at it's from July Fourth through Labour Day.

Above is a picture of the ubiquitous VWs that seem to materialize everywhere like mushrooms after a srping rain. Having owned many VWs in my life, this is a good thing. One appeared in my garage one day - a 1972 bus that I have grown to love. And speaking of vans, my housemate tells me that someone is living in the Chevy van parked on the street outside the house. Another mobile homeless person, and there are many in Bellingham - some in RVs; others in cars. I see them everywhere while biking around town, and can only imagine the hardship experienced by the millions of people in these trying economic times. Unfortunately, I do not see much glimmer of hope on the horizon.

Oh well. Back to work.

No comments: