Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Keys

Today was quite a tempting day to climb into the torporous truck to run down to Fairhaven for some mid-morning meetings. There were a thousand reasons why I shouldn't bike, but fortunately I did. The most rewarding days of cycling are the ones I'm least tempted to pursue. Here is the bike path over Whatcom Creek going into town two blocks from my house.

A not so busy, but still stressful day. It's ten thirty here on the coast (or actually the bay - the coast is on the other side of the Olympic Peninsula) and I hope all my things are packed for my trip tomorrow. I get to spend tonight with Magilla, the ugly dog, and miss her and Bellingham already. I love leaving here because it's always so nice to return.

But the Florida Keys beckon, as does unabated sunshine for a few days (hopefully). Time to don my resort wear (khakis, blue blazer, button down, tassle loafers) for the ritzy places in West Palm (our first stop) and then shorts and t-shirts and sandals on a trip not unencumbered by work; but still there will be time for leisure. Pictures will hopefully follow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

enjoy the vacation...... the City of Subdued Excitement awaits your return....

Fly east young snowbird..fly east...