Thursday, January 21, 2010

Warm

Jennifer Lynch gets into her kayak and launches herself off at Marine Park in Fairhaven on Jan. 20, 2010. "Where else can you ski one day and go kayaking the next? There is a banquet of things to do here," Lynch said. If current weather patterns hold, experts say, parts of the Northwest could have their warmest January on record.–MARK MALIJAN|THE BELLINGHAM HERALD

I was hoping to return to the Pacific Northwest with the standard drizzle. Instead it was almost as warm as the Florida weather that I'd left behind. Happy to be home, but a world of work ahead of me, although I have the joy of an ugly dog lying next to me.

So this morning I woke up at 4:46am and managed to bike to my Thursday morning business meeting. Remarkably, I saw more people on bikes commuting to ework at 6:45am than I saw the entire time I was in Florida (not counting The Keys, of course), and that's not an exaggeration. And riding the shuttle back to Bellingham last night, at least three unrelated people got on board and commented on how glad they were to get back to Bellingham. I was the fourth.

It's so good to be home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.