Friday, February 5, 2010

Anker Cafe

Even though I could be at any coffee shop right now anywhere in the world, I think the Anker Cafe is by far the coolest.

I stumbled upon the Art Walk tonight in town, and went to a few galleries. But another business plan needs to be produced requiring more effort that I must muster up. Although I was a bit apprehensive about getting through it over the course of two days, it seems to be coming together quite nicely. Although the financial statements are generated from a template, it still takes hours and hours to tailor it to a specfic business and get everything just right. I am sure there is an easier way to do it, but I always seem to improve it a bit with every iteration. And I've been told by many investment bankers and such that I write a kick-as business plan.

But enough of that.

A day where, although very busy, where I was able to breath a brief sigh of relief. And the most vulgar noise that one can ever hear on your bike is the sound of the horn of an impatient driver as hapened moments ago. Since people rarely use their horns in this town (and consequently it's always incredibly quiet and peaceful), when you do hear that abrasive noise, it's a sure bet that the car's license plate holder will say something like Seattle, Bellevue, Lynnwood,...you get the picture.

Tonight's was from Seattle. I thank a god that I do not live that life anymore. What is the true price we pay for a shiny vehicle?

But to end on a more positive note. I was talking to the owner(?) (or someone that looked important and sounded like he knew what he was talking about) at Kulshans last week (buying eight more thirty-five cent patches to repair my polka-dotted inner tubes that seem to take a beating around this time of year) and he told me that three years ago they'd never expect to carry the number of fenders, bags and racks that they carry now.

The ability to bike in Bellingham and be amongst the fair people of this fine town is second to none.

No comments: