Thursday, February 4, 2010

Ferry

Having been married and divorced I frequently come across bittersweet memories from my past. One such time is right now where I am sitting on the Mukilteo Ferry going over to Whidbey Island. This was the first time that my wife and I (and her cousin and the dog) made it to the Seattle area back in 2004. We passed through Seattle, on to Rt 525 onto Whidbey Island and then drove up to Anacortes to stay for the noight.

We never quite made it Bellingham, but decided to move there anyway after hearing wonderful things about it in our journeys about. Odd feelings of those distant days. How things have changed in my life.

But the trip over on the ferry (standing on the aft deck feeling the soothing breeze and vibes of the Puget Sound) and Whidbey Island to visit a friend I'd known snce I moved up here. We've worked together on start-ups, and I am glad that one from a few years back is still alive and kicking out in Spokane. Now to try to raise capital for it in these dismal times...

2 comments:

Jeff Westcott said...

石、男

Anonymous said...

OMG...such squares talking.....