Sunday, February 14, 2010

Pickford

So there's something I've wanted to do for a while and just got around to it. And that's to help out over at the Pickford Theater down the street from my house. It's an hour or two out of the week and I sort of offered to do it on a whim, so I am sure you'll hear about how it works out. I need to commit myself to doing volunteer activities. Otherwise, I would probably never get pulled away from this damned computer.

But the sun just peaked through, which is very welcomed. Yesterday was seriously the worst day that I experienced all winter, and I do not know why. The dreary clouds pressed heavily upon me like those lead-lined blankets that the x-ray technican puts on you, even though it was quite warm.

Fortunately, the escape to Uisce Pub last night lifted this oppressiveness and the evening turned out quite enjoyable, including a nice late night stroll through the crowded downtown in the light rain. A fine ending to a crummy day.

No comments: