Thursday, March 27, 2008

Infrared

Here is a picture my housemate took downtown using infrared film. I think it was taken last last week looking down Railroad.

Today was quite cold, and snow is predicted for the higher elevations. I might go cross country skiing this weekend up to the mountains, so I will need to dust of the ski equipment. I preferred living five minutes from the mountain versus two hours, but it will still be nice to get out in the snow. I prefer to look at the snow in the mountains versus being in it. And I am getting the itch to get the road bike back out too. Tonight I put my new tires on the KHS, and realized how horribly aged the ones were that came on it. Too much to do with too little time.

And then there's hiking, camping, the motorbike, sailing, and, oh, work too. Looking forward to spring. But spring is usually rainy for the most part in Bellingham, so I guess I am looking forward to summer; but spring usually offers a few nice days too, just not consistently. Long time residents here say the winters get no easier to withstand. Some leave for warmer climes, but I think the summer is so much more enjoyable after the cloudy and drizzly fall, winter and spring.

No comments: