Friday, March 21, 2008

Primrose

I think that's what they are called. My neighbors gave me these last spring and this is the second year of their blooming. They are beautiful and bright and a sign that spring is here. These are planted a few feet from the front door.

And tomorrow the bike ride is predicting weather of mid-fifties and mostly sunny. Holy Cow. Talk about luck. And showers the rest of the week.

Tonight was spent preparing the meals - veggie chili and oyster stew, as tomorrow will be biking and socializing the rest of the day. And so far things are going quite smoothly with the food preparation. I finally made it to the local Trader Joe's for some wine for the party (but not beer). TJ's was the rage when it came to Bellingham, and still is. I didn't find it overly exciting, although they are very generous in their donations to the food bank. And it is only five blocks or so from my house. Then we went to get the beer at Haggens. More work, then to bed.

No comments: