Saturday, March 1, 2008

Tyres

Today I splurged and bought two new tires for my road bike on eBay. I do not feel that replacing the bald tires on this bike every five years is overindulgence. And I liked the red tires (they match the white and red frame - cheesy, yeah, I know - and these are rather hard to find, so I snagged two for a song. For it's age, the KHS Flite 500 is still in great shape (but the road bikes generally don't get beat up like the mountain bikes). And I really haven't ridden this bike much in Bellingham, but hopefully the new treads will motivate me to maybe take a ride across the border into White Rock, or over to the islands.

Then I rode the cruiser in the pouring rain to see a movie at a human rights film festival on Western's campus. And was able to speak very briefly to a hundred or so people in attendance for a group that I volunteer with; you'll certainly hear more about them, as we a conducting a permaculture workshop next week.

But I think I beat this silly cold. Bought some tea that was for colds (containing things like echinacea) and drank a full pot. And biking in the rain may have worked it out of my system too. Tomorrow is busy, but Sunday is a movie and napping day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.