Monday, March 3, 2008

Smidgen

This is the first boat I bought back in the nineties and learned to sail on, plying the lakes of Western Pennsylvania. It was a fourteen foot wooden craft with Sunfish rigging. Now she resides at a friends place in Cleveland stripped of paint and ready for repainting. I personally liked the blue. They were the ones that named her Smidgen. I never really had a name for her.

On the home front, rain and a forecast of sun tomorrow for Vancouver. So I guess that means Bellingham will receive something similar. Sort of busy, but dealing more with the vicissitudes of life. To think how the difficulties in life morph into varying points of relativity. Today I was struck with one of those pangs of holy shit, this can't be happening to me, but then realizing that it will be okay. It always seems that things always work out. After decades on the planet, I've finally realized this. I am sure you will hear more of my travails, but right now I feel like playing some music on the guitar even though it is late.

I am fortunate to to have a house mate (and other friends) between whom we can volley our little life dramas. Crazy world, this little speck of a planet hurling through space.

No comments: