Sunday, March 23, 2008

Permaculture

Although I usually do not take pictures of people, today I did. Here is a picture of the permaculture bike tour down Broadway towards Eldridge to our first home. This was a great day with great weather and wonderful people on our bike ride around lawns of Bellingham that were being turned into gardens. Keeping twenty plus bikers together was like herding cats. Well maybe not that bad, but keeping on a schedule was a challenge.

But the people that opened their homes to us were wonderful and it was a fun time that lasted before eleven until well past midnight. The picture to the right is the first house at which we stopped. On to many other followed up by a social event back at the Yellow Submarine (I am thinking up cutsie names for my little yellow home). There are some very interesting people in Bellingham and I am very lucky to have met them.

And there was a DQ Blizzard of my housemate in the freezer that exceeded the 72-hour rule, so I ate it.

"Close your eyes and you'll be there
It's everything they say
The end of a perfect day
Distant lights from across the bay"

- Fagen/Becker

No comments: