Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Seafire

Here is the 42' trimaran S/V Seafire that sailed Mexico and the South Pacific for five years. A beautiful, solid boat. But this was taken a few days back on the friggin' cold and windy day. (If you click on the picture, you can see the details of this vessel.) It's located about twenty miles from the house in Sandy Point.

"Will you still be singing it on that cold and windy day?"

Some day I will sail the Pacific. And this seems like the perfect, fast boat. I look at its sleekness with awe.

But D.B. Cooper was all over the news, both locally and nationally, and I've been told it is the world's only unsolved skyjacking. And another link.

Now that spring is in the not-too-distant future, camping gear selection is in the works. I think I can get gear for very little (not to mention my housemate having a super cool WWII backpack she said she'd let me use). The mantra off many of my otherwise pricey outdoor activities: Go cheap, go now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

where's the yacht photo? Are you teasing us?

Jeff Westcott said...

This boat is located off Slater Road near the Lummi Nation. Don't be deceived though, it was freezing. Certainly not the tropics!

Anonymous said...

Actually, the boat is only 12 or 13 miles from our house, so it should be about the same from yours. I am SO looking forward to being at the local marina... except we're second on the list and have been there for over 2 years.

Nice blog, btw.