Monday, March 24, 2008

Sun

This picture was take last night after a band of pretty bad showers blew through. And it was cold as hell. But we still managed to pull a great sunset out of it. Today I sat on my butt most of the day typing at a laptop and yapping into a cell phone.

But in the afternoon I biked off to do some work on a cycle. I joined an alternative currency institution that trades products or services for terra dollars. So I work doing bike repair or perform some other service (although the last thing I want to do is the stuff I do all day) or I can sell something. Working on bikes is an evolving hobby and a service that seems to be lacking on the exchange. So the bike needs some parts, and I will return at another time.

About the dollar though - in case anyone hasn't noticed, the dollar is free falling and nothing evidently can really be done. Or they (who are they?) are intentionally crashing the dollar to hyperflate away the debt, or something about the Amero? The Euro has increased 83% since the first time I went to Paris (well they were still French Francs then, but just about to switch). Ah, the days of one-star hotel rooms for 140FF in the Quartier Latin where Rue Descartes meets Rue Mouffetard.

1 comment:

hutch1200 said...

Happy Birthday!. Need any tools for your bike work? Wheel truing stand? Where do you perform the work? A neat little home shop allows me an escape to do motorcycle work. I tell people I'm not the fastest, but since I charge practically nothing, and do good work, my client list keeps growing. I rarely ride my own, and always have a spare bike for guests. Later on, hutch.."I taught Jesse James how to build bikes" 1200