Sunday, March 9, 2008

Permies

So this was a full day of turning a yard into a permaculture exhibit in an adjoining neighborhood. Basically removing all the 'ornamental' shrubs and plants in the yard, and putting in plants that can be harvested and eaten. And meeting some more very interesting people in Bellingham. But in a few years the yard will be transformed into an interesting 'forest' of virtually all the plants being edible.

Tomorrow we need to finish up, but it is 2:30 new time (spring forward) and I need to be up in, oh, seven hours or so to finish up this project. Maybe I will be a bit late and sleep in. Eventually I want to do this in my place, and minimally hope to get some blueberry bushes in, as well as an apple tree or two. I love apples.

Then to a friends' party and hence me being out so late tonight.

When attempting to insert a picture into this post, I received error bX-p52j72. Sounds scary. So no picture tonight.

No comments: