Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Grant

The whole weekend a grant application hung over me like a cloud. So i came home last night to complete it until 3:30am, only to wake with the dog sleeping at my feet to get right back on finishing the document. I made the deadline with an entire hour to spare. But four hours of sleep followed by fifteen hours of work does not make for very creative writing tonight. So more will follow tomorrow when I am relieved and rested, and back to my more manageable routine.

One thing that got me through the whole application process was listening to the Grateful Dead performance at Woodstock forty years ago (and one day) to the day. I listened to the forty-eight minute version of Lovelight three times as the anxiety grew and the deadline loomed and the last minute changes were "suggested."

No comments: