Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Ship

Someone told me that this ship is a stand-by in case another is ever out of service with this shipping lines. I've personally never seen it move. But that's alright. It stays docked in the middle of town and helps me to recall that I live where I do. Fortunately, I volunteer at the food bank on Wednesdays, otherwise I might never know what day of the week it is. Other than that, my schedule never remains consistent. The food bank helps ground my week.

Another glorious sunset tonight. And then to the Honeymoon to see the open mike, and the people were plaiying little ukuleles and mandolins. We left when the big guns (the steel guitar) came out. More tomorrow. I ran out of things to say. Summer is waning and there is too little of it left.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

On a Bellingham Bay history cruise the guide said the ship is qualified for the Jones Act (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merchant_Marine_Act_of_1920) which requires that shipments directly between two US ports use a boat that is US built, owned, flagged, and crewed.

Jeff Westcott said...

Interesting. Thanks for the info!