Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Another Day

I think after being on this planet for many years, I have finally come to the realization that there are things in life over which someone should not stress. There are people in Myanmar that are really in desperate situations and I am sure that the people in Arkansas and Virginia that were recently struck by devastating tornadoes are have a bit more to worry about than I do. Fortunately, Bellingham is in a place where we are protected from tsunamis, hurricanes, tornadoes, and all the other horrible things in the world. Yes, there is an occasional earthquake, but fortunately there are few major faults (of which I am aware) in this area. The only trade off is eight months of rain and clouds, and the bone-chilling dampness.

But I try to convince myself that all is well when I need to retrieve a nasty-gram from the US Postal Service from the IRS tomorrow. What could the IRS possibly want from someone like me that has earned so little over the past few years? Ho hum.

But I am still riding high on yesterday's motorbike ride to the Birch Bay State Park. We stayed a bit too long watching the shore birds, and needed to rush back via I-5. It was fun riding along the interstate on our 1975 BMW motorbike with no faring and all the people in cars whooshing by us going nowhere as fast as they could. It was fun to have someone riding with me, especially when it is my cool house mate.

No comments: