Saturday, May 31, 2008

California

Whew. I rolled into Bellingham at around 4:30 this morning. California is beautiful, and San Francisco is a world-class city. Davis is a cool town in the middle of nowhere with beautiful summers and unbearable winters - sort of the opposite of Bellingham.

Then on to Pacifica, another wonderful town that sits on the coast by the PCH (see picture I took on Wednesday maybe?). Pacifica is an old-school California town, and like Bellingham has a grittier older side to it. I like Pacific Northwest towns like this: modest homes with higher density and some character. Two nights here in Pacifica (actually just south in Montara) with trips into San Fran, Marin, ferry rides, BART, and driving (literally) around the bay seeing how waste vegetable oil is collected from restaurants. All this compacted into a few days of many meetings and late nights.

But Bellingham is more my speed. I took the car back today (a day early) and then got on my bike to ride into town. Thankfully I no longer needed to be confined to a car, as biking all over is my favorite part of living here. Like many days, I ran into a friend for coffee and then back home for an afternoon nap. Time to relax for a few days. Or so I can only hope...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

welcome home Jeff~ although those notes make me a little "homesick" for California again~

no, wait a moment, no they don't...

welcome back home to the City of Subdued excitemnt~