Thursday, May 15, 2008

Bike

Mt. Baker reappears afters weeks of obscuration. I saw it tonight. And the day was wonderful with clearing and plentiful sun in the afternoon.

A day spent at a conference for a local group called Sustainable Connections. Bellingham is at the forefront of many green technological advancements, and this group is offers many facets of support to local businesses - both mom-and-pops and larger industries. I also heard a wonderful and powerful speaker named Sharif Abdullah, a very positive voice to hear in these turbulent times. I saw him speak last night too at another function with a group with which I'm more active. I also saw him a few months back and he is one of the most powerful people that I've ever met.

Gotta get up at 5:30 tomorrow, for a beautiful day in the high seventies. Tomorrow is Bike to Work and School Day. Fortunately, some friends are helping me do the bulk of lugging the stuff (like refreshments and schwag) to a station at one of the local elementary schools. And he has a trailer. Pictures tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like they say in New Zealand (about a mountain very similar to Mt. Baker)...
If you can see Mt. Egmont, it is about to rain, if you can't see it, it is raining~