Friday, May 9, 2008

Stereo

So I recently acquired a stereo that a friend gave me in exchange for some work performed. It was exactly what I was looking for: an analog receiver (late seventies Techiniques vintage), some old (but excellent sounding) Boston Acoustic speakers and a turntable. And a CD player too. I haven't had a stereo to call my own since the eighties. So this will be a summer of loud Van Halen albums - a good band to listen to in the sun and warmth.

But today was a day of work, and off to a work send-off for someone moving to Portland to launch another facility there. It's at Boundary Bay, always a fun place to go to in nice weather (as today is).

Gotta run.

Oh, and above is a picture of the Roeder Home, oddly enough a family with roots in Vermillion, Ohio - the next town over from where I used to sail on Lake Erie. (Actually, I dug up a picture of me and a friend in Vermillion from years back - to the right). But the Roeder Home is considered a mansion in Bellingham. Funny how everything around here in nature is so grand and magnificant, yet the homes (well the older ones, at least) are modest, functional and small.

No comments: