Monday, May 12, 2008

Chowder

Here is a random picture taken on a random street on the Lettered Streets neighborhood of Bellingham. Some of my fondest memories of biking in Bellingham are on this grid of streets on very flat terrain past little houses with lots of friendly neighbors. Actually, maybe this picture isn't so random, as I am glad I got the sweet c.1971 VW Westfalia in great shape in the picture. I took this picture today on my way to a friend's place - a fisherman turned businessman here in Bellingham that made a killer clam chowder from all sorts of clams that he caught just recently. And with fresh herbs picked from his garden. Sheer heaven.

And I think that they would wince at this statement, but even many of the conservative businesspeople in Bellingham are quite aware and earthy.

I need to get sleep, as I noticed dark circles under my eyes. I think a motorbike trip to Victoria B.C. might be in the works in the near future too. Victoria is actually south of Bellingham, and the ferry is less than an hour away.

No comments: