Sunday, May 11, 2008

Magic

"I want to disturb my neighbour,
'Cause I'm feelin' so right;
I want to turn up my disco,
Blow them to full watts tonight"
- Bob Marley

Well I didn't turn the music up too loud today, but having a stereo that offered fine acoustics prompted me to listen to the loud sound of my coming of age, including some Steely Dan, Grover Washington (Mr. Magic was the first song that I decided years ago that I wanted to listen to really loud whenever I picked up a decent stereo - and today I did), Bob James and, of course, some reggae.

A nice Sunday - some work, some leisure, and fine food throughout the day. Sunday mornings are usually pancakes from scratch (today with strawberries), with a more creative medley in the afternoon. It's amazing how experimenting with different spices can make for some pleasant surprises. Today, the magic was in the ginger and tomatoes.

Oh, and here is the picture of the back yard. Small, yet it is a start at 400 square feet. And I forgot about the beauty of the petals from the apple and crabapple tree flowers that were scattered all about last night on the ride home after the driving rain. Very pretty and magical looking as they covered the ground.

No comments: